Wednesday, March 9, 2011

The first sale

I have to say that I am pretty impressed with the results that we have had on an online marketing project.  We have already made our first sale through the website.  I have never had such luck with any previous attempts to market.  And luck is probably the right word because I realize now that I really was leaving things up to luck rather than properly marketing.

I've actually been working on websites for a long time now, long before it was readily accessible for just about everyone to build a website.  I don't know when it started but when I started doing websites, there wasn't talk of search engine optimization.  You made your site, promoted it by submitting it to search engines, and tried to find some other sites to link to you.  The rest really came down to luck because no one talked about how search engine rankings worked.  You couldn't gear your site around a few key words to come up in the search engines because no one thought about that.
Now, I'm realizing that you absolutely have to promote your site and gear it around a couple key search words.  If you can't get on the first page of Google results for a couple of relevant search words, your site isn't going to get any traffic.

That's what has me excited about our current project.  I feel as if I'm finally getting a handle on how to properly promote my websites.  So I'll be using these techniques to promote some of my existing websites.  In the meantime we have added some more pages to our project site including How to pick a lock.  This is an informational guide on lockpicking that explains the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment